Our Real Estate investment banking group provides financial advisory and capital raising services to companies that own and invest in real estate. We have earned clients’ trust by offering sound, value-added advice to both mortgage and property REITs on a variety of strategic and financial objectives.
Our service is distinguished by:
- An experienced team of investment bankers dedicated specifically to real estate companies, led by a senior banker with more than 20 years’ experience serving the sector
- A demonstrated ability to structuring transactions creatively and effectively to achieve specific strategic and financial objectives
- Public capital raising capabilities for IPOs, follow-on offerings, preferred securities and debt offerings
- Private capital raising capabilities – whether at the project level, the corporate level, or through programmatic joint ventures
Our unique resources include:
- Sandler O’Neill’s extensive experience in loan sales, securitizations, originations and syndications, backed by a sales and trading organization that rivals any financial institution group on Wall Street
- A deep and diverse base of institutional investors not reached by larger investment banks
- Relationships with non-REIT dedicated institutions that help us diversify and strengthen our clients’ shareholder bases
M&A Advisory and Execution
Known for our objective, strategic advice and ability to craft creative solutions for clients, we are experienced in advising on merger transactions, offering fairness opinions for portfolio or whole M&A transactions, board and special committee advisory assignments, and mortgage finance sales.
We draw on our firm’s relationships with a broad range of institutional investors to design and execute capital solutions for our clients. We help clients access the public funding markets, including equity, debt, convertible or preferred securities, as well as raising private capital through private placements, accessing entity level capital, separate account strategies, distribution to large institutional accounts, and joint ventures.
Thomas Howland, Managing Director